Monday, August 12, 2013

July 2013 - Pastor's Reflection

The following devotion came from the weekly M.U.S.T. e-news and was shared with me through another United Methodist pastor. I found it inspirational and want to share it with the whole congregation of Mt. Nebo UMC in the hope that you will find it as inspiring as I do!

            "It seems every week I see a TV commercial that, in bold type and loud voice, urges me to “Dare to compare!!!” their prices to those of their competitors. It reminds me of another “dare to compare”, a kind of spiritual self-check that I sometimes apply to myself.

           “We love because He first loved us.” 1 John 4:19

           “…Love your neighbor as yourself.” Matthew 22:39

             So, we are called to love, but how do we do that?

            “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” 
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
            
            So how do your interactions with others compare with the above passage? If any of them perhaps fall a little short of that example, I have good news- God is a God of second chances! You get another chance every day."
            Carefully consider the witness you present to others because the perception people may make of Christ may be based upon it. It is important that I remind myself every day that “it’s not about me" but it is about the One who created me. 

May the me they see be Christ in me,
Rev. Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment